As a leading UK supplier of contract flooring services our client had experienced steady growth. However, they were struggling to maintain sales momentum as internal expertise was focused on project delivery rather than acquiring new business.
Requiring expert sales support and speed to market, they appointed JMB to support their sales process and generate new business opportunities to fuel their continued growth.
This would be achieved by;
– Managing the sales process and status for existing jobs which had been tendered for and nurture through to conversion
– The acquisition of new contract opportunities for completion
– Developing a meeting programme with key accounts and sales prospects to reinforce direct relationships
The JMB Approach.
As with any new client, JMB conducted a comprehensive briefing session, enabling us to become a vital extension of the internal team.
Working from our client’s internal system, JMB would then track and monitor each completed tender to understand the status, timelines for completion and if any re-quotations were required.
This enabled our client to remain in control of the sales pipeline, whilst proactively managing tender completion to gain a competitive advantage in a timely manner.
Through telemarketing, JMB’s objective was also to introduce our client’s capabilities and secure 1-2-1 meetings with potential clients, whilst also obtaining tenders, framework opportunities and completing PPQ’s to gain access to PSL’s (preferred supplier list’s).
This was achieved by building a direct rapport with relevant decision makers, seeking out the opportunities and subsequently securing the 1-2-1 appointments. This activity was optimised through the use of the Glengians portal to identify active and forthcoming tenders.
Through Glenigans, JMB would identify contract opportunities and consequently approach the prospect to acquire the relevant contact information for completion. An exercise which if managed internally can be a drain on management’s resource.
- Over 120 new contracts made available for quotation with a potential value of over £6.6m.
- Streamlined sales process for increased contract conversions.
- Series of face-2-face meeting with key accounts to strengthen direct relations.
- Scalable sales model for continued growth.